« Home | Im on top of that..... » | The Burbs » | My pack....... » | Blogs R Us » | The Blue Alabama Sky » | God Bless the little ones... » | Frustrated......among other things. » | 'Tis The Season... » | A Tribute To My Fish............ » | Happy Birthday, Dear!!! »

Tangy Meatloaf

I may have mentioned this before, but anyhoo. I started cooking from scratch a few weeks ago. I get my recipes from allrecipes.com they have tons. I pick the ones I want to try for that week and then buy all the needed ingrediants. I am happy about the increasing amount of ingrediants in my kitchen soon I will be able to just go in there and start whippin' shit up or something. This was one of the recipes I had found and cooked. Brandon and I loved it, so much infact that he has counted the days until the next Tangy Meatloaf graces our dinner table. Well todays the day my friends and I have decided I am going to pass this on to whoever might like to give it the ol' go.
It is not bland like your usual ketchup covered loaf but it is different, we liked. It is extremely easy and the ingrediants are few and cheap. So here goes:


Ingrediants: 1 lb. ground beef 1 dash worcestershire sauce
1/2 c. dry bread crumbs 1/3 c. ketchup
1 egg 1/4c. packed, brown sugar
garlic powder to taste 1/4c. pineapple preserves

*note: I couldnt find pineaplle preserves- so I used apricot-pineapple--same thing.

Directions: Preheat oven to 350F. (175C)

In a large bowl, combine the beef, bread crumbs, egg, garlic powder and worcestershire sauce. Mix well, and place into a 9by5 inch loaf pan.

Bake in preheated oven for 30-50 minutes. ( I baked it 40 minutes)

Meanwhile, in a seperate bowl mix the ketchup, brown sugar and preserves. Pour over the meatloaf 20 minutes BEFORE removing the from the oven. * I almost messed up here you bake the meatloaf 20 minutes and then add the sauce and bake another 20 minutes.

Done. Enjoy. Leave a comment and let me know if you liked or disliked it, if you try it that is, if there is anyone out there reading this interested in me rambling on about tangy good tasting meatloaf. I tried.

hit counter